Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well hello...

Well hello there blogging community. It's good to "see" you guys on here and to know that there's going to be a place for my thoughts. And I'm pumped to read your thoughts.

I'm fighting the temptation to make this uber-spiritual and only right all the good things I've been contemplating about Jesus. I mean, I want to write those too...but I don't want to make it sound like that's all that goes through my head. Because it's not. So here I go...just some thoughts for this first post. In bullet form cuz i'm tired and that's what I do.
  • It's so cold outside. Like, so cold that my doors are frozen shut and there's so much ice on my windshield. There's very little that I hate more than scraping my car off in the morning. And then I'm late for things because I didn't think well about the ice that would for sure be on my windshield. Grrrrrr. I feel like sometimes I just can't be together. You know, like I am just so scattered and I can't find my keys or my purse and then I have to scrape my car. Makes me feel a bit like a failure at life if you want to know the truth.
  • Lately I've been reading Galatians. Today, I spent a lot of time thinking about the part in chapter two when it says that John extended the right hand of fellowship to Paul and Barnabas because he could see the grace given to them. It made me think a lot about what it would look like for me to really embrace the fact that the only thing I have to commend me to someone--my only credential--is the grace given to me. Like, anything I have going for me is because of the grace shown me. Which made me think a lot about the Gospel. guys, I'm obsessed with it. I just can't get off of it. He did that because He loved me. Can you imagine how painful it must have been for Jesus to die and to think that He didn't deserve it at all. And instead of screaming out at the crowd "Im doing this because you all suck!" he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do..." It's a little crazy for me to think about.
  • I just went on the best first date in the history of first dates, I'm pretty sure. Like, I'm a little delirious about it and I've been giggling since I got home. I just really like him a lot. It's hard for me not to spend the entire date saying "do you have any idea how much I like you?" haha. It feels really good to be able to sit down with a guy and eat dinner and talk about the resurrection. haha. I just feel insanely lucky. I'm trying to find the balance between being head over heels and being really guarded cuz i'm afraid that he doesn't like me as much as I like him or like something will go horribly wrong or something. If you guys wanted to pray for me to have wisdom on that front, I wouldn't complain :)

I love you guys. And someday my thoughts will be more coherent. I'm just so tired right now and tomorrow's a two campus day..."two campus shuffle" devin calls it. haha sounds like a country line dance to me. anyway, that's what i'll be doing tomorrow. i might even wear a cowboy hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment